Public Beta 4 (PB4) was the second release of our Linux client. This page will highlight the known issues and any potential workarounds while we iron things out. As always, please submit feedback, suggestions, and bugs to the Feedback/Support channel on public.polynom.app.
- I want Mint Linux to work!
- Some kind of copy function doesn't work! Workaround: manually highlighting and Ctrl-C/V will work for now.
- Polynom opened all broken looking! Workaround: Maximize the window to snap it back into shape.
- I want a tray icon and menu for Gnome desktop. (This is not really a workaround; it's an addition)
- Copy text of hash in user detail does NOT work, and with no ability to highlight text and ctrl-c, you cannot get your key (same with copy text of key from toolbar) #1853
- Right-click copy delegate does NOT work. #1853
- Notifications steal focus, and interrupt typing in the room #1852
- System sounds (voip sounds, notifications, etc) do NOT work #1770 VoIP calls do work!
- Frameless titlebar can cause strange behavior when opening from minimized or when moving the window on the desktop - different weirdness in different distros #1157
- Highlight some text, right-click copy does NOT work, other distros do work #1853
- Does not show notifications at all, although they are turned on, and app is updating normally
- Polynom won't start! (qt.qpa.plugin: From 6.5.0, xcb-cursor0 or libxcb-cursor0 is needed to load the Qt xcb platform plugin) Solution:
apt install libxcb-cursor0 -y